A Social Language Workout –
Group play with peers and coaching by SLP and teacher.
Tuesdays 4:30 – 5:30 pm
Tuition: $35.00 per class
Ages: 4 – 10 years
The Communication Gym provides opportunities for children of all abilities to practice their social language skills in play with peers with support from a Speech and Language Pathologist and a Teacher.
Each class has a target skill. We begin with our social focus, story, and discussion. Then children can choose play activities and work together with peers while practicing the target skill, with support as needed. It ends with a review of what they did and the take away to use with others.
While this class is NOT a substitute for speech or language therapy, it does supplement therapy allowing kids opportunities to practice their skills with support from professionals. It is also beneficial for children with mild concerns who may be borderline in need of private therapy.
Communication skills targeted will be adapted for each child’s level and include:
- Questioning (“Can I play?”, “What is that?”, “How do you play?”)
- Making comments / noticing peers (“I like that!”, “She is building a tall tower.”, “He is all by himself.”)
- Conversational Exchanges (Listen – respond)
- Core vocabulary (“I like it”, “Can I play?”, “It’s my turn”)
- Self-Control / Regulating feelings
- Solving social problems
Register today or call (727)234-0924 for more information